TOP 5 NUTRITION TIPS FOR TRIATHLETES
For endurance athletes, getting the balance right with your diet can be the make or break for your performance during training and competition. Take a look at our 5 nutrition tips to aid your training and performance.
- Enjoy a varied balanced diet that includes all key food groups to support performance.
- Eat 5 a day of fruit and vegetables to help achieve macro and micronutrient targets.
- Ensure you are eating optimal amounts of carbohydrates and protein to support training at the correct times.
- Maintain adequate hydration status.
- Supplements can play a role in supporting & complementing a healthy balanced diet for endurance athletes but will never make up for an unbalanced diet! An additional supplement from the ON range that can be included in a triathlete’s diet is OPTIMUM NUTRITION ESSENTIAL AMINO ENERGY which contains zero sugar, vitamin C to support energy, essential amino acids, and 100 mg of caffeine which helps you focus during training or on race day.
Remember that nutritional needs are highly individual and will also vary depending on the category of Triathlete event you are participating in. What works for one person may not work for another. Finding the right strategy for your needs requires a bit of experimentation. Try new things (in training) and aim for the simplest plan to meet your unique situation.
Recovery is the Ultimate Preparation.
If you are in training for a Human Race event, you can avail of an exclusive 20% off Optimum Nutrition’s GOLD STANDARD RECOVERY PACK containing Gold Standard 100% Whey and Gold Standard BCAA Train + Sustain and a free shaker. Simply use code HR20 at check out on all purchases.