About Macmillan Beginners Wave
The Macmillan Beginners wave is designed to encourage newcomers to the sport of triathlon.
Select the Macmillan beginners wave when signing up to the Sprint distance to receive extra support and guidance to get you race day ready, plus exclusive offers and tips from event partners such as British Bike Hire and Zone3.
Whilst fundraising isn’t compulsory, Macmillan hope that many beginners will choose to support the charity and help them reach out and improve the lives of those living with cancer.
- A separate start wave just for Macmillan Beginners
- Beginner-friendly comprehensive race briefing
- Monthly newsletters in the run up to the event with training plans, tips and advice from our experts
- Exclusive offers from event partners
- Plus, if you join Team Macmillan you’ll receive:
- Free training T-Shirt
- Access to the Macmillan VIP marquee on event day for a free massage and refreshments
- Extra support on the course from the Macmillan cheer squad
- Helpful Fundraising tips
Check out our beginner-friendly training articles here.